Take a look at this season's top pick winter holiday destinations below, recommended by snowsports holiday experts, Crystal Ski Holidays.
Want to discuss your next winter break with the experts? Find Crystal Ski Holidays within Snozone on the ground floor at Xscape or contact them direct: 01908 850 365 / firstname.lastname@example.org
La Plagne, France
Part of the impressive 425km Paradiski area, La Plagne is a collection of small villages, each with its own distinct feel and character.
- A variety of villages, each with their own character and atmosphere, to ski to and stay in
- Loads of long and wide runs around the Paradiski area, great for less confident skiers who want to explore
- A wide choice of accommodation from chalets and self-catering apartments to luxury hotels
Les Deux Alpes, France
Explore over 220km of piste in this ski area, complete with incredible views from the slopes. The resort is known as being ‘upside down’ because some of the easiest runs and beginner slopes are found higher up the mountain.
- A huge range of great value hotels and chalets, all a short walk to the lifts
- Renowned for excellent off-piste terrain, in addition to its 220km of marked runs
- Gentle glacier skiing that’s perfect for beginners and intermediates at an altitude of up to 3,750m
Sitting at the foot of the Penken and Ahorn mountains with 57 lifts, 136km of skiing and Austria’s steepest run, Harakiri, Mayrhofen is one of the most diverse Alpine resorts.
- Traditional yet diverse village that’s long been one of the most popular Austrian resorts for Brits
- Hop between ski areas on the Zillertal Superski pass, with a vast 515km of piste to keep you busy
- Known for it’s vibrant après scene, whether you want laid-back cocktails or dancing till dawn
Sauze D'Oulx, Italy
The liveliest of the five villages that form the 400km Milky Way ski area, which links France and Italy. It’s full of long, quiet slopes – a mix of lower, tree-lined slopes, off-piste, and higher, more open runs.
- Part of the huge, lift-linked Milky Way ski area, which links to Montgenèvre in France
- Great range of après bars and famously lively nightlife
- Ski bus service so you don't have to stay close to the lifts
Soldeu and El Tarter, Andorra
Soldeu and neighbouring El Tarter have some high-end accommodation, a peaceful, relaxed atmosphere and access to over 200km of piste. As part of the wider Grandvalira ski area, they’re perfect if you like to get some miles under your belt.
- High standard hotels with great facilities at lower prices than you'll find in the Alps
- Pretty resort with a relaxed atmosphere, sitting at the foot of the large Grandvalira area
- Good value – including free lift passes for kids up to 11 – and quality ski schools make it ideal for learners